Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sue. Kid's College. No!

Sue's last day was Tuesday. Needless to say, we didn't do math. We made cards for her, took pictures, giggled, played games, and sang songs. I'm going to be able to do a lot more with the other two now, but I'm going to miss her so much! Look at that little face!


Her last day was kind of sprung upon me right before lunch on the day of, and I was devastated. I thought I had at least another week. I was told "next month" over and over again. It broke my heart because Monday morning I asked her how she was feeling. She said, "hoppy!" I said, "Why?" and she said (!!!!!!!!!!!!), "Mommy gabe me i cream!" I screamed I was so excited for her complete sentence on her own. Now, she's leaving. Hopefully her new teacher at her new school loves her as much as I do.

I told the other girls that Sue was going to another school. They kept asking, "Sue. Kid's College. No?" I'd say, "Sue. Kid's College. No." They'd say "SUUUUEEE!! Kid's College. NO!!!!!" Sue would say, "okay."

It was precious. This happened allllllll day. I had a dream that night of the three of them haunting me screaming: "Sue. Kid's College. NO!!!!!"


Here are some pictures from Sue's last day:

Sue and Molly Teacher

Sue consoling Jasmine when she was sad in music class.


Sue with Susan teacher, the school cook. Chef, really. Her food is amazing!



Then we all made cards for Sue. I asked the girls what they wanted to say on their cards so I could write it on the board for them. Jasmine said, "Sue, I love you." Grace said, "Sue, I miss you." I said, "Sue, good luck!"

Sue, naturally, wanted to make a card, too. So, she made one for me.
Here she is working hard!
When she "gabe" it to me, I died. She copied all of the things off the board. It says: Molly Teacher. Ill miss you. I love y. Good luck.

hahahaha. Too cute!


Here's Grace working on her bag for Sue's goodies:

And Grace with her card. (p.s. The other day we were talking about what we wanted to be when we grow up. Our new words were: doctor, vet, fire fighter, police officer, and teacher. Jasmine said she wants to be a doctor - perfect, she's brilliant. Sue said she wants to be a teacher - even more perfect, "Those who can't do, teach." And Grace, oh Grace. She said: "I want to be a Miss Korea." I'd say she's well on her way...)

Jasmine working diligently, as usual.

The front of her card:
and the inside:

Here's the card I made for her!

and just for kicks, I took a picture with the future Miss Korea.

and the future doctor who will cure cancer.
Today (Wednesday) was my first day without Sue. It was really easy and kind of boring. Grace gets kind of antsy and jumps around a lot, but it barely annoys me because Jasmine is the model student so it's nice to have someone else bouncing off the walls with me. Sue was kind of in the middle between them and balanced them out. I miss her so much already!
Here's the three of them on Monday! This is how they sit for story time. Apparently, it was wear pink day and I didn't get the memo.
Sue Teacher, Miss Korea Grace, and Doctor Jasmine

I've been pretty busy this week giving and grading tests and doing evaluations. These kids get report cards once a month! I'll try to catch up with a few more blogs soon.
The requests I have in the works: Co-worker bios and Korean Fashion.
Aunt Patty - the weather is pretty much the same here as it is there. We have four seasons. All sound like they are very extreme. Fall is BEAUTIFUL, winter is COLD, spring is RAINY, and summer is HOT and HUMID!
They say that it will snow, but it won't hang around for long. I think there's just too many people moving about to really stick. We're surrounded by water, so rainy season is more like monsoon-y season. Summer sounds etrocious, but I'm always cold... so I'll probably be okay. I love fall, I wish it could stay like this allllllllll year.

Any other requests?
An yeung!

2 comments:

  1. omg PRECIOUS. i'm going to come over there and take them all home with me. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete