Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11: New Year, New Adventure

Hello, again!

I'm firing up the blog again for another round of an international living experience. This time, SPAIN! I leave in just under 48 hours (hopefully... it's snowing like CRAZY in Indiana right now!) and couldn't be more nervous or excited. I updated the layout and design of the blog in anticipation. What do you think?

Immersing myself in the Spanish language has been a dream of mine for quite some time. Well, probably only a couple of years. For whatever reason, when I had the opportunity to learn it in both high school and college, I just did what I could to get the grade I wanted and not much else. I'm majorly regretting that attitude, but am looking forward to making up for it.

I had my heart set on South America, Peru or Ecuador specifically, when I thought about where I wanted this Spanish language immersion to take place, but when I visited Sevilla this past summer, I knew that I was headed back to Europe. My old roommate, Laura, moved back to Sevilla at the beginning of November and had some luck finding some teaching jobs and I thought, why not? I knew I wanted to be at home through the holidays, but now that I have been, my waistline is really regretting that decision! It was so nice to be around family and friends for an extended period of time, though.

I arrive in Sevilla on Friday morning and am really looking forward to the climate change. It's rainy there, but in the 60s most of the time and I'm getting warmer just thinking about it.

When I e-mailed my Korean Mama to let her know that I was headed to Spain, she congratulated me and let me know that they were visiting Paris for a week in the middle of January and asked if there was any way I could come meet them. My first thought was: No way! I have to find a job in Spain or I'm not going to be able to stay very long! Then I realized that the odds of seeing them again were low and the opportunity to go to Paris doesn't happen everyday, so I found a cheap flight that leaves Sevilla on Sunday and returns on the following Wednesday! Sometimes my life is too much for me to handle.

In the next week or so, I hope to update the heck out of this blog with pictures and updates on my move, my new life, my trip to Paris and, hopefully, my new job! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, God Bless Mojo... twas nice talking to you the other night at Curlys! anyway look forward to following the adventure in Espana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura13.1.11

    Mol, I heard from Sarah Reineke, a SJB person whose son has been there, I think, that Seville is beautiful and has everything anyone your age would ever want.

    Disfruta Babe and
    "Tenga buen viaje!"

    ReplyDelete