Monday, August 23, 2010

And now the time has come to say good-bye...

So here it is, my 104th post.


That's an average of 2 posts per week over the last year, which is pretty good for me since I have project ADD.


It's starting to cool down outside and many of the sights and smells that I witnessed when I first arrived are creeping their way back in to my daily life.


I'm noticing more and more people laying their red peppers out to dry for their red pepper paste. Nights are cooling down, a little.


Which means that everything has come full circle and it's time to go! I've said all of my teary good byes to my students and am devestated at the thought of never seeing them again. But, it's time.


I leave for Spain tomorrow and although I'm really looking forward to the Eurotrip, I'm really anxious to get home. I'm sure there's so much that I've forgotten to miss, and so much that I know that I miss and can't wait to have again.


Thank you for following me on this year-long journey. It is had its ups and downs, but overall was a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. I've been taught that the world is a big place with lots of things to see and experience. I've also learned, though, that the world is very small, accessible and friendly place that is EASY to see and experience. Rarely on this journey have a felt overwhelmed or incapable. There were times, of course, but those times were mostly related to teaching and not to traveling.


I'll most likely update you on my Spain/Ireland adventure but, for the most part, this blog will be taking a hiatus. I have a few other tentative travel and international living options, but they are contigent on a few things. We'll just have to wait and see how the next few months unfold.

I hope you enjoyed traveling along with me. I hope I inspired you to bring a little bit of the world into your life, whether through traveling or simply reading a book or having a conversation from someone from another country. Understanding is the key to many locked doors, and the only way to obtain the key is to be on a constant educational journey. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to see the world (although I do recommend it!), just grab a few books from the library, or pick up a foreign foods cook book and test your kitchen skills, or use the internet to research a foreign holiday and celebrate it with your family. Knowledge and understanding will never bring you any harm. Don't be afraid of them. They will make your "big" decisions harder because you'll know more, but that's only because the opportunities available to you will be abundant.


Be curious. Be brave. Be inspired.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy ur blog, mojo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26.8.10

    molly---- enjoyed each and every one of your blogs. best reading i have done in years!
    can't wait to see you, rowan------------love, aunt p

    ReplyDelete