Saturday, December 19, 2009

Preparing for Christmas

Decorating for Christmas is something I always do very poorly. Somehow, though, being around kids who are so excited for Santa to come, just makes you want to dive into the holiday hysteria.

At school, Grace, Jasmine and I constructed a welcome message on our window. (This is the view from inside the classroom, I couldn't get a good picture going the other way)

The girls cut out snow flakes and I traced the HO HO HO letters for them to cut out. It was a blast!

Grace wouldn't take a picture with me, so I snapped one of Jasmine and I. (That's the headband I bought in the subway I told you about a month ago!)

My favorite part about Christmas is giving gifts. I ventured up to Insadong to buy some Korean tchotchkes for those on my list. I stopped, first, though, to get coffee at the only Starbuck's in the world who's name doesn't have to be written in English. (Suh-taw-buk-suh-kaw-pee)
The holiday Toffe Nut Latte is AMAZING!



When I got home from my shopping trip, I put up my borrowed Christmas tree and wrapped up my purchases while listening to Transsiberian Orchestra.



Then, the next day, I decided to watch Love Actually, but not without snacks. I ran across the street and bought some dduk boki (the red stuff) and a bag of fried veggies (carrots, onions and sweet potatoes).

Love Actually is all ready to be played on the laptop! It is one of my favorite Christmas movies. This is the first year that I teared up a little while watching! I must be getting old.
My favorite stories are the Portugese woman and the writer, and the little boy and his American girl. What are yours???


I have all my ducks in a row for the season! Bring it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that Dell Laptop still works. I just retired mine a couple weeks ago and bought a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I know!!! It's still hanging in there! I'm hoping it lasts me the year. Then I think I'm going to be a Mac hippie.

    ReplyDelete