Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet.

Well, here it is... almost a full week later!

Our Halloween party got postponed from October 30 to November 6, since we closed the school on 10/29 and 10/30 for Swine Flu avoidance. Our kindergarten Halloween party lasted all day, like the Chuseok party, with a variety of different activities to keep the wee ones entertained. Here's a shot of the five English teachers before the madness began:


From left: John Teacher (nameless costume), Jack Teacher (raccoon), Liz Teacher (clown), Dustin Teacher (backwards - you couldn't tell could you?), Molly Teacher (herself).

During first period, we had a Halloween "parade." We went to the gym to practice "trick or treat" etiquette and protocal. We taught them the song, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat." It was hilarious how seriously they took it. Poor little kids. They're so easy to patronize.

We took a group shot to start off the parade! Our numbers are way down since the H1N1 disaster. Vaccinations started yesterday for school children, though, so hopefully the kids start coming back!


Then, we did our parade. Each student had to go up on stage and say their name and their costume. It was too cute.

My name is Gianna and I'm Minnie Mouse.

My name is Kelsey. I am a ghost.


I'm Daniel and Frankenstein.


Hello. My name is James. My costume Batman.


My name is Monica. I am Snow White.

I'm Jina. I'm Cinderella. (Which sounds more like Shinderella!)

I'm Stefany. I'm a wizard. (wijard)


My name is Aisha. I'm... I'm... teacher, what I am? ... I'm a pink fairy. Mommy made.
I gathered her mother made her costume.

My name is Ivy and I am a princess.


My name is Sugar and I am Snow White.


My name is Amy and I'm Belle.
Next, we broke into three groups to carve pumpkins. I worked with Liz Teacher in her classroom. We picked the right pumpkin, apparently, because both of the other two groups opened theirs to find maggots jumping out of them! ewwww.
Here's a picture of the girls using their hands to scrape out the goop inside:

Then, of course, they got bored, so Molly Teacher had to take over!


After lunch, we had arts and crafts time. We made toilet paper roll witches. They were so cute:


The last period, the kids watched a Halloween movie, and one by one went to the "ghost" house. We made a room complete dark and the boys dressed up in scary masks and jumped out at the kids. It was a riot, until the tears started. Daniel was scared of the movie, so he and I played Go Fish while everyone else experienced the Ghost House.
The elementary kids had one of their two periods to go through th ghost house, too. My friend, Anne, sent me a package with these cute little sunglasses for my kids. I gave them to my elementary kids, since I don't have any kindergarteners! They're pretty cool, huh?

From left: Clara (inspired by Dustin Teacher's costume), Daisy, Kei, and Ashley! MWF 2:30-4:00 pm class!
It was a really fun day. Like I said before, I got a package from my Aunt Barbara and Aunt Patty that was STUFFED with candy and chocolate. I shared a lot of it with my kids for Halloween. By 5:30, we teachers were wondering how we ever ate so much candy when we were kids. We were like zombies in a sugar coma.
All in all, it was a fun day! I love Halloween and parties, so it was the perfect combination!
I'm still without kindergarteners. I think they should be back 11/26. Just in time for Thanksgiving! I miss my little girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment