Monday, November 9, 2009

Info Overload.

Unfortunately for you, I'm one of those people that the more I have to do, the more I get done. And the less time I have to do it, the faster I complete it.

I realize I've gone about 8 days without a post, and probably 2 weeks without one worth reading.

I have finally uploaded my pictures at home from the Halloween party, so that will be coming your way soon.

I also am working on this fall fashion blog but am struggling with it. I'm trying to work out the right angle by which to present it. We'll see what I can come up with.

In other news, Liz and I went to Gangnam last weekend to "shop." This is code for "let's look at a few shoe stores before we make a B-line for On the Border for Mexican food." It's good to have friends after your own heart. And for both of us, chips and salsa are the way in.

I did buy a new headband though. It has stickers that say handmade all over it. It could be, the way that it's beaded, but I'm doubting it. I don't have my camera with me... but I'll add a picture as soon as I get home. It's really pretty!

I started November with a pledge to get 5 miles in everyday. I'm good for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so far. It's a mile to school, a mile home, and I like to get out at lunch to get one in. I got up this morning before school and walked 3, then walked my one to school, so I'm in like flint for today! My hip hasn't bothered me in a while... I'm nervous to run again (or just avoiding it), so I'll stick to walking for now.

My Sunday was filled with what I like to call a Molly Day. My Aunt Barbara and Aunt Patty sent me a package filled with candy, chocolate, toiletries, and magazines (and a package of tabacco, which is a mystery item of the week)! I took a long walk on Sunday between rainstorms, had lunch by myself at the 5500 and then curled up with my stack of tabloids for the remainder of the afternoon and evening. It was absolutely wonderful.

I've really grown accustomed to living by myself and having a lot of time alone. It's not something I used to like at all. In fact, I would sometimes ask people to study with me just for the body in the room. I would often go find my roommates in our house just to talk to (or at) someone. The solitude is growing on me, though. Thinking too much can get me in trouble, but hanging out with kids all day has made me learn to enjoy the quiet. Or, I'm just getting older... scary!

My sister is coming to visit for Christmas break. She gets here in 40 days and I'm sooooooooooo excited! Then, my friend, Marissa comes 8 days after that! It's going to be an awesome Christmas/New Year's Eve/birthday!

My life at school for the month is pretty funny. I get in at 9:15 am. I teach some of Liz's special classes, like music, arts and crafts, etc. but that only accounts for 1-2 kindergarten periods a day. I still have my regularly scheduled elementary afternoon classes from 2:30-5:30. By the time 2:30 rolls around, though, I've gotten pretty used to doing nothing and it's tough to switch gears. I've been helping some of the teachers with their curriculum, but there isn't enough to do to fill a month!

Speaking of, I should get Dustin's Theme Book done by the end of today...

I'll wrap up Halloween for you tomorrow and get that posted ASAP! Sorry for the delay!

No comments:

Post a Comment