Sunday, November 22, 2009

Monday, Monday

It's been a while since I've posted... mainly because NOTHING has been going on.


Jasmine came back to school last week, we we've had fun catching up and pretending to understand each other. The one on one time is nice, but if it lasts much longer I'm going to run out of things to do.


On a different, top secret note, I've picked up some Korean friends to hang out with after school. They are families with elementary students that need a little extra English help. Since it's illegal to earn money outside of the job that I got my visa for, I merely do it out of the goodness of my heart. ;-)


Mon-Thurs and every other Friday, I go to these people's homes to help in English and learn something about Korea.


On Saturday, though, the young girl (who had just finished reading Twilight) asked me to come over to her apartment to watch the movie together. I eagerly agreed. We baked Funfetti cookies (thanks Em and Erin), ate noodles and pizza, and enjoyed the film.


I'll post some pictures when I can get my computer to coorperate.


Their mother is a Korean-English translator so she speaks very well and I think she enjoys me coming over to practice her speaking. We seem to get along very well, and it was a great way to spend my Saturday!


Plus, they have an oven and I have been DYING to bake those cookies since I got them in the mail!


Sunday was another Molly day. My computer is on the blink, so it took me the better part of the day to catch up on my TV shows. I didn't shower and stayed in my pajamas allll day!


I have no definate plans for this weekend, but Jack Teacher's friend, Yuko (the one who showed us around Tokyo) is coming in for a visit on Friday. It will be fun to see her again!


Other than that, no news. Until I get my computer fixed, I may be a little slow on adding posts and for that, I am sorry. Please be patient with me.


We have a Thanksgiving party with the kids on Thursday! It should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment