Monday, April 19, 2010

Kindergarten Bios

I thought I'd spend this week doing some bios of each of my students. I had this thought on Sunday, it's now Thursday. Sorry.

I'm going camping with my Korean family this weekend, so I may interrupt the bios with camping adventure photos, but I hope to wrap up the bios by the time my parents get here! One week!

I'll start these off the way I start everyday, with my kinder kids.

Joshua, Sunny, and Alice... They are mischevious, to say the least, and they keep me very entertained.

They are happy all day long, but I can't get them to smile for a photo. It's like they are trained not to. They just might be.
We'll start with Sunny. I've nicknamed her Sunny Bear on accident, and now that has become her name to both Alice and Joshua. They will say, "Sunny Bear, colah colah" when she has gotten up from her chair when she should be coloring. I also say things like "color, color" instead of just "color." They are learning the weirdest spoken English ever.

She is the baby. She is pampered by all of the helper teachers, who just think she is so cute they want to play with her all the time. About once an hour, a helper teacher comes in and asks if Sunny needs to go to the bathroom. She always says yes, and away they go. It's not out of concern for her blatter, they just want to spend time with her.

If they had her all day, they'd know better.

She likes to color on Alice's papers and make her cry. She pushes Joshua regularly, which actually doesn't get her anywhere because he's twice her size. She is a little rascal and is not the little princess everyone wants her to be. But, she's tiny, so we love her anyway.

Joshua is the 3 year old love of my life. He laughs all day long; he loves to snuggle; he listens; he's the slowest learner; he gets frustrated when we do worksheets and it's just so darn cute I let him stop. I. just. love. him. If it weren't illegal to bring him home with me, I would. No questions asked. He's the only boy, and when we combine with Zach Teacher's class of five girls for music and art he is completely outnumbered and holds his on with no problems.

He is the happiest little boy on the planet and his hair bounces when he laughs.

He never does his homework and isn't learning half as much as the other students. I don't care. I adore him.

Oh, Alice. She is Jasmine's little sister and boy, is she the typical youngest child. She is the center of her universe and everyone else's. She likes to yell, "Teacher!" whenever she needs me, regardless of what I'm doing or who I'm helping.

She cries at least once a day, which is fine because she's 3 and doesn't get a nap, but I like it when the cry is over at the beginning of the day. She's cries at the same times Jasmine used to: when she doesn't get her way.

They have a mother that helps them immensely with their homework and Alice is soaring through her phonics book. She is the reason anyone else is learning anything because she can say the answers in class.

She has a lisp and her Ps come out like Bs and her Zs come out like Js and no matter how much I try to correct her it stays that way. It's pretty cute, so I don't try that hard.

Are you sensing the apathetic trend with only 4 and some change months to go?


Here's an awesome video of them singing the ABCs together. Edible, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment