Friday, March 5, 2010

Meet Sunny! Gina's Birthday! Good-bye Gina!

My new student that started on Monday is the tiniest little person I've ever seen in my life. Her English name is Sunny, and she's our new baby. Some of the other students bend down to talk to her like a baby, too. It's hilarious because she's probably the most accomplished of all of them (if you can be accomplished at 3). She plays the piano, already knows her ABC's, numbers to 10, and the Happy Birthday song. Pretty much, she's a child genius.



Did I mention she's tiny?



Friday was Gina's birthday. This means in the western world that she turned 5. The rest of my students, besides Joshua, will turn 4 this summer or early fall. She's a head taller than most of them and is much more equipped in learning English. She's the only one of my students who regularly understands what I'm saying and does it. My response of "Thank you, Gina" usually sparks the rest of them to do what they're told, as well.



Here we all are celebrating Gina's birthday!



From left: Sunny, Molly Teacher, Joshua, Gina, Alice, Dain, Steffany



Her mom came in to bring the food, took one look at the rest of my class, and asked if Gina could be switched to the 7 year old beginner class with Zach teacher. I can't say I blame her...



...but, I'm very sad to see her go. Looks like I'll have to start from scratch without an interpreter. :-)



Pictures of the new apartment coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8.3.10

    change is good? change is challenging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13.3.10

    cute little girl..

    ReplyDelete