Monday, August 24, 2009

En route!

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." -Lao Tzu

... a journey of 7,000 miles begins with 7 steps, apparently.

Step 1, Check in/pass security Fort Wayne
Step 2, Fly to Chicago
Step 3, Queue international security Chicago
Step 4, Finally get to front of line with boarding pass and get told to go back to re-check in
Step 5, Re-check in Chicago
Step 6, Try the security debacle again and succeed
Step 7, Wait patiently at gate for a 14 hour flight to Seoul to embark

In all actuality, nothing about this process has been anything to complain about. My luggage was the perfect weight and I even got my Uggs and a winter coat packed! I had no idea what I was going to do with my five and a half hour layover in Chicago anyway, so running around the terminal to get everything lined up for an hour + really worked out well. I'm almost looking forward to this flight. Almost.

I've got my Dramamine lined up to take here shortly and exhaustion has already begun to set in. Passing out shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping to sleep the whole time.

Upon arriving in Seoul, I am supposed to have a driver that picks me up. The school I'm working for is sending one. I have no idea how to find him/her or where they are taking me once they find me. Should make for an interesting blog post.

Saying good bye to everyone today totally sucked. I can't think of a better way to say that. I ran the gammit from grandma to boyfriend and it was quite the rollercoaster. I had half a mind to sprint off the plane and be like SURPRISE! just kidding, I'm not going! But, naturally, I decided to be tougher than that.

I feel like this post is a little choppy. Probably because it is. My eyelids are pretty heavy, though, so forgive me. I'm trying to form a habit of posting... at all costs. Today's cost is that it may not make any sense at all.

Alright, back to the quote (see, it really can help me stay focused.) It seems so obvious that any journey begins with one step. Obvious things are sometimes very profound. Or they can just be obvious. Like, today, when my silly mom said, "well, we didn't know each other when we met" (referring to my dad). DUH.

My journey began today. I have taken the first step (and the second, and the third, etc.) and am ON MY WAY! I'd jump around with excitement if I wasn't so tired. Drowsiness kicking in...

Can't wait to experience/tell you about tomorrow's adventures! Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. You'll have a great time!! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25.8.09

    haha mom was SO serious when she said, "well, like,your dad and i, we didn't know eachother before we met." silence.. *cricket, cricket*.. sudden burst of laughter fills the car. aw snaps good times. miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi honey.... glad all is good. mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Karen a reserved plane ticket to you on Dec. 23rd.... waiting on seat to open up for return home. Using points. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete