Friday, February 25, 2011

Bullet Points (with Pictures).


The frequency of my blogging in Spain has been atrocious compared toKorea and for that, I am deeply, deeply sorry. It's been just over 5 weeks since I went to Paris and I have nothing to show for it here.

To keep from being overwhelmed, I will bullet point:

- Our apartment is amazing and the balcony is the biggest in the area (pics to follow).

- We've hosted 2 potluck dinners with an international guest list that would make Rick Steves jealous.

Potluck #1


- Laura and I took a day trip to Córdoba with two British boys that work with her. We visited the Mezquita (mosque/cathedral... google it) and stumbled upon a medieval festival that
was amazing.

Photos all by Laura. From left: Medieval festival pig roast, exterior Mezquita, interior Mezquita


- I went to Africa (well, Morocco) with the British boys I had only known for 2 weeks on a whim one Friday night at about 2 am. I know, this is the stuff they make horror movies from... but I survived and have a lot of pretty pictures to show you!

- I've filled up my schedule with work at an academy and private lessons and am making ends meet sufficiently.

- My Spanish is improving poco a poco (little by little).

- I began Spanish lessons with a friend of mine this week so hopefully my Spanish will begin to improve more quickly.

- On that note, I met a couple of Spanish friends for drinks the other night. They speak about as much English as I do Spanish, but we're all twenty-something females with one thing on our minds: boys (er... men, now, I guess). With proper body language and really slow speech, we can usually communicate adequately. This particular visit, though, included drawings on napkins (hilarious). We can now all say the names of both genders' anatomy in medical terms and street terms. Whew.

- I survived the 45-50 degree (F) winter with no heat, and now it's sunny and in the high sixties every day. Hey, February in southern Spain! Nice to meet you!

- My academy is closed on Fridays and Monday is a regional holiday, so I'm staring at 4 full days of freedom. You'll get lots of pictures of the city as a result.

- It is really easy to be really lazy in Sevilla. I really like it.

That is all for now. More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment