Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anticipation

I can't believe Sunday is August already!

My friend from childhood, Caroline arrived in Korea last Friday, July 23. She was joined by one of my college roommates, Amanda, and her boyfriend, Joe on Sunday. They had never met, but became well-acquainted while I worked at school all week and they hung around in Seoul.

They toured a palace and a temple. They visited some traditional markets and the Seoul fish market on the Han. They went on a riverboat cruise through downtown Seoul. They ate some raw fish. They visited the DMZ.

It was so interesting to meet back up with them after I worked all day and they toured. Their perceptions of Korea, their descriptions of the food they ate and what excited them about their days was refreshing.

I also struggled to be excited for them because, well, I LIVE here and I'm too busy being excited for our trip to Malaysia and Indonesia tomorrow!

Amanda and Joe left Thursday to fly to Singapore. They will meet Caroline and me in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia tomorrow night. We will tour and eat our way through Kuala Lumpur and its surrounding area, and then on Tuesday night, fly to Bali, Indonesia for some sand and sun.
On Saturday, Amanda and Joe will fly back to the USA and Caroline and I will fly back to Korea.
Caroline will leave Monday for the USA. Then I will have a mere 2.5 weeks left until I leave for Spain to meet Laura!

I'm really excited for this break and trip! I'll keep you posted as I can along the way, but will probably wait until I return so that I can supply pictures, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment